Monday, March 18, 2013

CSC165 Slog 8

   It has been a busy week for my studying for CSC165 cause we have the second midterm this week regarding chapter3: proof. I spent a lot of time doing practices for proof and review the course materials like the course note, the web problems, lecture slides and past tests.Since we have learnt calculus in MAT135 and MAT136, it is not that difficult for us to deal with mathematical problems when proving. However, it was a headache for me to write appropriate comments maybe it is because my first language is not English. So my whole aid sheet I brought to the test was filled with different kinds of comments. We have three questions in test2, the last one is a little bit hard. Even now I am not sure whether I got it totally right and I am eager to know the result. I think I still need to do more practices for proof cause I am not skilled at it.
  Recalling assignment 2, I think the questions are more complicated than that on test 2. Some of them are a little tricky and you have to think about it for a while especially the last question. The great common divisor thing is kind of hard to comprehend and it needs you to be very logic to figure it out. When I see the official answer, I found out that our solution for the gcd question is not good enough even though we tried very hard to prove it. Anyway, I like proofs even though I have to say goodbye to it for now and learn something more complicated-the big O!

No comments:

Post a Comment