Monday, January 14, 2013

SLOG for CSC165 1

   It is the first week I attend CSC165. I am excited to explore this new field of knowledge.This course is about mathematical expression and reasoning for computer scientists.
   There are a lot of interesting topics such as logic and expression,proof technique...This week I learnt that precision is very important for computer science by distinguishing the differences between 4 functions which look similar but with different meanings regarding 'every' and 'some'.Even though the 4 functions are hard to distinguish at first, I finally managed to figure them out! And I finally can tell the difference between lists and sets,which makes me very happy.We also learnt quantifiers by the example of employees. The symbols about exists and all and other interesting ones are new things to me and I found them very useful in expressing an equation. The knowledge about universal quantification and existential quantification is challenging and I really enjoyed the progress of learning them.
    CSC165 is a challenging and interesting course and I have the confidence to conquer it so that I will do well in the CS major.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you find the course interesting so far. Do not hesitate to ask questions during the tutorial or go to office hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay~ I will turn to you for help once I have problems. For now , it is still good.

      Delete